Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8570) Authentification should be compiled on defau

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8570) Authentification should be compiled on default (Was: no auth for gtk2 client)
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:02:36 -0700

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 05:47:38AM -0700, Mateusz Stefek wrote:

> Why the support for server's options: '-a -G -N' isn't compiled on default?
> I don't see any reason.

the reason is single-player mode. To see it crash and burn make
max_nargs=17 in connectdlg_common.c and add those switches. Poof.

Now if the question is why they need to be enabled by configure, the answer
is basically that 1. Neither I nor anyone else has written a patch yet. and
2. It would require the user to compile things like server/userdb/lockfile.c
into their server all the time. That might be horrible. I haven't thought
about it a whole lot.

-mike