Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9596) Better nation selection

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9596) Better nation selection
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 06:32:17 -0700

On 2004-08-09 14:02:14, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > What about adding idea of groups such as 'tolkien', 'ancient',
> 'dark
>
> > age', 'mediaval', 'reinessance', 'modern' and 'post-war'?
>
> or 'european', 'mediterrainian', 'asian'
>
> > Each nation could have a list of groups it belongs to.
>
> good, plus 1 file with group definitions and (short) descriptions.
>
> > > We can make a server option 'nationgrouping'
> >
> > What for?
>
> Because it reduces the number of offered nations in the nation select
> dialog.
>
> > Wouldn't it be another unused option like naturalcitynames ?
>
> As long as there is no good interface for these options ... think
> this
> has
> great effect on option usage.

There's another problem which I think should be solved first:
Rules aren't loaded in PRE_GAME_STATE. They should always be loaded and
sent to every connection. "rulesetdir" command should be used to reload
the rules. If it is implemented, clients in pregame will be able to
choose nation, select prefered group of nations and look through the
help.
--
mateusz

Portal INTERIA.PL zaprasza... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f17cb