Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9596) Better nation selection

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9596) Better nation selection
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 02:32:42 -0700

On 2004-08-09 08:43:44, Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 12:44:18AM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> >
> > I do not think it is inflexible, but I do not think it is the best
> > solution. For one thing, it only works for single-player.
>
> I like the idea of using nations which belong together historically.
>
> The best way to use it are lists of appropriate nations; the users
> can
> choose that list, or it is auto-selected by the first chosen nation.

What about adding idea of groups such as 'tolkien', 'ancient', 'dark
age', 'mediaval', 'reinessance', 'modern' and 'post-war'?
Each nation could have a list of groups it belongs to.

> We can make a server option 'nationgrouping'

What for? Wouldn't it be another unused option like naturalcitynames ?

--
mateusz

Portal INTERIA.PL zaprasza... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f17cb