Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9006) Patch: player_in_territory() function

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9006) Patch: player_in_territory() function
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:01:33 -0700

I had thought this function should return a boolean value, since that
way it could be accurate at both client and server.  But this doesn't
work: a unit from a target nation may be hiding inside a transporter for
another nation.

So Per suggested that the function should just return the number of
units that are seen inside the territory.  This acknowledges that this
number may not be the true number.  It should be possible to have this
value be exact in both client and server.  I haven't looked to see if
the current patch does this.

jason