Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9540) GHOST UNITS again!

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9540) GHOST UNITS again!
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:14:07 -0700

Mateusz Stefek wrote:

>>load attached game
>>
>>connect as A and B (with two clients)
>>1) move A's destroyer east
>>There's already bug here. A shouldn't see this submarine. But this is
>>
>>harmless
>>2) move B's submarine west and disband it.
>>Now there is a ghost unit in A's client.
>>--
>>mateusz
>>

> And a fix

I don't think this is the right fix.  I suspect the bug is that the
submarine is visible in the first place.  If this wasn't true then the
client would never know about it and there would be not ghost unit.  The
later code doesn't send a goes-out-of-sight-packet because the unit was
never in sight (or so it thinks).

jason