Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8890) Patch: Removal of free city center

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8890) Patch: Removal of free city center
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:47:03 -0700

> [jing - Mon Jul 26 03:04:21 2004]:
>
> In addtion, the patch is now broken by recent changes in the CM code.
> Could James, or anyone else who knows what they are doing please help
> find a proper fix, since I don't understand the CM at all.  Thanks in
> advance!

This makes the patch work against current CVS, but doesn't address
anything else.

Those two rejected parts of the patch were basically just hacks I added
to get the CM working.  This new version of the patch implements an ugly
hack suggested by Jason in PR#8975, as it's the smallest change that
gets things working. :)

The other fix would be to go through every reference to cache3.results,
check if CITY_TILES == 0, and not do anything since cache3.results
hasn't been realloc'ed yet.  That's what the original version of the
patch did, but now it's accessed in more places.

I'm open to any third ideas. :)

-James Canete