Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Patch: Removal of free city center

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Patch: Removal of free city center
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 04:04:38 -0700

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 11:01:21AM -0700, Mike Jing wrote:

> I want to emphasize once again that this is not a complete solution to
> smallpox, but simply a step to remove one of its more glaring
> advantages.  I think this implementation works rather well, if not at
> all elegant.  I do not intend it to be accepted as the default, as I
> don't expect people to give up smallpox.  So this won't affact default
> gameplay, and I hope it doesn't add too much cruft to the code base.

It doesn't do anything againt ICS build as many cities as you can and
you have von, when you have more than half of the possible spots on the
world.
It only slows down devellopment. And because I didn't look at the
solution I don't knwow if the start position is more importent or not.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.