Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9135) Roadstyle 2

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9135) Roadstyle 2
From: "John Bauman" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:00:45 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 2:09 AM

> Looks fine to me.
>
> My only remaining question is why you add roadstyle2 to the capstring.
> I think this does not do what you think it does.  There are no tileset
> compatibility issues here, and the roadstyle2 capability isn't checked
> anywhere else anyway.  Can I just remove it?
Why was the original roadstyle added to the capabilities?  What if the
tileset only has this new style of road (for whatever reason)?  I thought
that the tileset could require this capability of the client, so an
unsupporting client wouldn't try to load it and then fail somewhat
confusingly?  Although, if you think it's a good idea, you can remove it.