Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8709) swiss ruleset

To: benibunny@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8709) swiss ruleset
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:45:00 -0700

> [benibunny@xxxxxxx - Wed Jun 02 21:51:29 2004]:

> firstly, in the attachment, you find another try of mine with the
> swiss.ruleset. is it right, that i have to remove the line
> "government",
> "male_title" et cetera??

No, you have to leave those in.

Also, you can't have a long string like "?female:President of the
Confederation".

Also, why have a male and female "Priest" for fundamentalism instead of
"Priest" and "Priestess"?

And, why the changes to the ruler titles at all?  What's the difference
between "President" and "President of the Confederation" or "High
Priest" and "Priest"?

If the goal is to be able to get different Swiss translations, that's
okay.  In that case I think you should do something like

"?swiss/male:President", "?swiss/female:President"
"?swiss/male:High Priest", "?swiss/female:High Priest"

anyway, I left the ruler titles out when committing the nation.  If you
want to change them start a new ticket.

jason