Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8898) common/packets_gen.c need to be included in

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8898) common/packets_gen.c need to be included in diff_ignore
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:06:33 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Jason Short wrote:

>>>[mburda - Thu Jun 03 07:23:32 2004]:
>>
>>>common/packets_gen.c  is auto generated, we not need it in a diff
>>
>>Will someone make a patch?
>

> But if it is not in diffs, it will stay unupdated in the CVS repository.
> Which is probably ok as long as we generate it for the release.

No, because the generation program will create it when you run "make".
I regularly do "rm */*_gen*" before I create my (cvs) diffs, since the
_gen files can have huge diffs.

If you don't run make it won't be generated, of course.  There is some
possibility for error here (a month or so ago someone forgot to commit
the _gen files for several days), but even then most people will
probably not notice since again it gets fixed when you run "make".

jason