Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8944) settler citymap overlays

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8944) settler citymap overlays
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:03:52 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

>>>This patch implements that.  The settler overlay works just like the
>>>city overlay.  (It also fixes a bad drawing bug in packhand.c, which
>>>should be fixed separately.)
>>>
>>>This is just a demo at this point.  Only gui-gtk-2.0 is supported.
>>
>>And a screenshot.
>
> I cannot see the part of the overlay which intersects that present city
> overlay.  I think it is very important information, maybe should be drawn
> in red.

You want to see the squares which are missing from the newly-founded
city (because they belong to existing cities already) to be drawn in a
different color?

This is possible but a bit tricky.  Note that in the screenshot, they
are _already_ red.  So at least some color rearrangement would have to
be done (this should probably be done anyway; 3 colors is unnecessarily
few).

I think you get most of the benefit because a city will always get
priority over a settler.  So although the "missing" tiles aren't shown
highlighted they will always be, well, missing from the settler overlay.

jason