Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic Treaty's with AI players?

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic Treaty's with AI players?
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:22:43 -0400

Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004,  wrote:

After finally being able to compile the June 9th CVS version of Freeciv,
which I heard that AI players could make diplomatic treatys. So I
started a game with 5 AI players set to novice. Well after a couple of
turns I ended up meeting one of the computer players. I set to make a
cease-fire agreement, and they gave me the thumbs down. So, I decided to
test the system and give them all my techs, cities (except for one), 300
in gold, my world map/sea map and they still turned me down. Is this a
bug? Well,after a couple more turns he declared war on me, and his
allies soon followed. Needless to say, I decided to start over. Can
anybody shed light on why AI players are not making treaty's with human
players?

He obviously saw you as his greatest threat, and decided to destroy you
when you two met. It is currently impossible to change an AI's mind when
it has decided you are threat #1.

Seems like AI diplomacy should be easier on the easier difficulty levels...

jason