Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Diplomatic Treaty's with AI players?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Diplomatic Treaty's with AI players?
From: "" <ngnetzky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

After finally being able to compile the June 9th CVS version of Freeciv, which
I heard that AI players could make diplomatic treatys. So I started a game with
5 AI players set to novice. Well after a couple of turns I ended up meeting one
of the computer players. I set to make a cease-fire agreement, and they gave me
the thumbs down. So, I decided to test the system and give them all my techs,
cities (except for one), 300 in gold, my world map/sea map and they still
turned me down. Is this a bug? Well, after a couple more turns he declared war
on me, and his allies soon followed. Needless to say, I decided to start over.
Can anybody shed light on why AI players are not making treaty's with human
players?

Thanks,
ngnetzky

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com