Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8914) ruleset starting units list

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8914) ruleset starting units list
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 02:01:07 -0700

I suppose we could have a string server variable that stores letters
that correspond to unit roles, and set that.

For example:

startunit = "ccwx"

where 'c' = F_CITIES, 'w' = F_SETTLERS, and 'x' = L_EXPLORER.

However I'm not sure how many roles we would have to connect to letters.
 Also to extend this to different roles the code (as opposed to the
ruleset) would need to change.

Alternately we could assign in units.ruleset a character for each unit
to use in the variable, but there may not be enough letters in the
alphabet for certain rulesets. :)

-James Canete