Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8482) Re: (PR#8819) GTK2 production dialog: ugly a

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8482) Re: (PR#8819) GTK2 production dialog: ugly as sin.
From: "Daniel L Speyer" <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 05:58:49 -0700

Jason Short wrote:

>Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
>

>>>create_overlay_unit() seems to be the culprit.
>>>If you're going to allow the removal of the task icons, then allow the
>>>removal of the horrid color background
>>>

>>This all started because someone thought it would be a good idea to
>>distinguish land vs sea units. Eh.
>>

>I like the color background.  I even suggested some "enhancements" (to
>distinguish military versus civilian units).

Offhand, I can't find these "enhancements".  OTOH, we don't have many
civilian units, so IMHO we don't really need them.

>>Please refer to #8482 for more discussion and a patch for this by Daniel
>>Speyer. I am merging this ticket with that.
>>

>The flags should be removed.

Done.

>>The code to make it work with any tileset and handle ruleset re-sends is
>>not as trivial as one may think.
>>

>See tileset_changed().

Done.  (Well, that took care of tileset resends -- I had to latch into
popdown_races_dialog to handle ruleset resends but it's all taken care
of now).

So, does everyone like 8842?  If so, what else is it waiting for?

--Daniel