Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7322) Four small features requests

To: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7322) Four small features requests
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:46:49 -0700

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 07:49:33PM -0700, Josh Cogliati wrote:

> > [jrincayc - Mon Jan 26 15:35:34 2004]:
> >
> > These are a few features that I think will help beginning players:
> >
> > 1. Give an embassay from all human players to all novice (maybe easy?)
> > ai players.
> > This will help because it allows the new player to compare their armys,
> > population, production etc with the computer player.  This gives them
> > feedback as to how efficiently they are growing their empire.
>
> Attached is a simple implementation of this.  It adds the embassys
> in the generate_ai_players code for every player that has the
> handicap H_EMBASSY.  novice ai players get this handicap.
> The patch is against cvs current.

Space Empires 4 has also such a setting. You can choose which scores
you see. The options are "none", "all" and "allied players". It _is_ a
good way to let a player know how good he performs compared to the
others.

> +  for (i=0; i<game.nplayers; i++) {
> +    pplayer = &game.players[i];

Please use player_iterate.

> +    if(pplayer->ai.handicap & H_EMBASSY) {
> +      int j;
> +      for (j=0; j<game.nplayers; j++) {

> +     game.players[j].embassy |= (1 << pplayer->player_no);

Isn't there a function for this.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere."