Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8788) gui-gtk overview crash

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8788) gui-gtk overview crash
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:50:56 -0700

If you click along the right side of the overview, the coordinates
passed to the overview code will be "outside" of the overview range,
resulting in an unreal tile being found.  This will trigger an assertion
(or random bad results if you compiled with NDEBUG).

Oh, this only applies with maps that don't have TF_WRAPX.  I don't think
it occurrs in the vertical direction or we'd have seen it long before.

The gtk client should not pass values outside the range of the overview
width and height.

jason