Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8482) heights in gtk2 production dialog

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8482) heights in gtk2 production dialog
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:31:01 -0700

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Daniel L Speyer wrote:

> My code *removes* the flags.  I maintain that this is the right behavior.
>
> The flags contain no information.  It is not an option to build a unit
> for someone else.  The fact that the flags are all the same is a hint
> that they tell the user anything.
>
> They do take up space (limiting the number of options on the screen at
> once) and look ugly (IMNSHO).  Therefore I've removed them.

This assumption seems perfectly reasonable to me. I actually considered it
at the time, but didn't bother.

Haven't had the time to properly read your code yet. But I assume it
handles disconnects and reconnects (hence re-sending ruleset data), plus
possible variations in improvement and unit gfx size. If it doesn't, it
should.

---