Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8647) Clarification on do_make_unit_veteran

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8647) Clarification on do_make_unit_veteran
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 09:02:25 -0700

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 02:04:16AM -0700, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Is it intended that with gen-effects effects can give a freshly built
> unit more than the first veteran level? If yes the docu of
> do_make_unit_veteran should be adjusted. If not the return type should
> be changed to bool.

I don't know: what do you want to intend?

Right now we've got these:

"Unit_Vet_Combat" - chance of units of class .aff_unit becoming veteran
                  after a successful combat becomes AMOUNT percent

"Unit_Veteran"  - all units of class .aff_unit produced are veteran
                  units

It does not appear that these were written for multiple veteran levels.
We will have effect->value1 and effect->value2 in addition to effect->amount
to make these changes...

I also notice that Sun Tzu's has:

effect          =
    { "type", "range", "amount", "aff_unit"
        "Unit_Veteran", "Player", 0, "Land"
        "Unit_Vet_Combat", "Player", 100, "Land"
    }

which if Unit_Vet_Combat upgrades a veteran level after every combat would
make this a kick ass wonder to have.

-mike