Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Searching for people working on the ai client side

To: Guillermo Lopez Alejos <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Searching for people working on the ai client side
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:28:35 +0100

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:11:54PM +0100, Guillermo Lopez Alejos wrote:

> > I was and am thinking about it. My current design is in
> > doc/README.agents. The idea is that you divide the AI tasks and create
> > a hierarchy of agents.
>
> I see. I didn't know anything about that hierarchy. Anyway, I think that
> the idea I got about the client interface is correct. Please, take a
> look at the attached document and tell me if we're talking about the
> same thing.

Can you please explain what "change" and "wrapper" means.

Let me define some:

"core client": packet handling and data structures (which are mostly
coded in common/).

an intermediate client: contains the core client, a GUI and AI-like
support from the agents. This is the form we have now with the CMA.

a full/final/standalone "client-side-AI client": will only contain
agents and the core client.

The idea is to code more agents and piece by piece remove the choices
the human-player can make with the GUI. At some point the human-player
only has the choice to press the "start the game and win" button. At
this point we only have to remove the GUI to get a stand-alone client
AI.

> Now I'm studing the project to determine the changes that are to be
> made, so I'll write some docs... which is the preferred format?,
> OpenOffice.org or LaTeX?

I personally prefer LaTeX.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Your mail could not be delivered to the following Address: