Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Searching for people working on the ai client side

To: Guillermo Lopez Alejos <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Searching for people working on the ai client side
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 19:13:09 +0100

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 08:12:33PM +0100, Guillermo Lopez Alejos wrote:
> O.K., I've putted the file "analysis.pdf.gz" at
> ftp://upload.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/ (86,6 KB compressed).

Nice work. Hopefully it will help you and others.

> As I said in my last message I'm interested on the interface for the ai
> client side. I'd like to know if there's someone working on it actually
> or if someone has thinked about it.

I was and am thinking about it. My current design is in
doc/README.agents. The idea is that you divide the AI tasks and create
a hierarchy of agents.

I implemented CMA which you may know. I also implemented some other
agents: SMA (settler management agent), GA (goto agent) and EA
(explore agent). But these aren't included in the source distribution
since some infrastructure patches weren't applied yet.

There are other ideas how to tackle this problem. One is to add a
interface and use another language better suited for the AI
task. There are at least two implementation for this using Python.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Understanding is a three-edged sword;