Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ2 maps to freeciv maps (basic)

To: James Christensen <jmlchristensen@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ2 maps to freeciv maps (basic)
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 13:59:27 -0500

James Christensen wrote:
See attached perl script.

I say basic because:
it just brute forces the freeciv savegame by doing a print statement and
because I haven't made any effort to deal with bigendian systems, but it works
for me (now that iso-maps are in).

Freeciv savegames are all text-based so there should be no bigendian bias. I dunno about civ2 savegames.

Civ2 looks like it uses a "natural" coordinate system. To convert from natural to native coordinates you just divide the X value by 2 and round down (note this may break if you have a negative X value). This is what map_to_native_pos does (though it's optimized).

Seems like you probably want to use civ2 for the rulesetdir? And set other civ2 options from civ2.serv?

jason