Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Cascading war changes (PR#5103) (fwd)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Cascading war changes (PR#5103) (fwd)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:17:30 +0000 (GMT)

(RT seems to eat my mail.)

The attached patch should remove some excess server messages when doing
cascading declarations of war due to alliances, and it should also remove
reputation loss from such cascades. Since it would be quite hard to get
such cascades right if it was implemented so that allies declared war on
the aggressor, instead of the aggressor declaring war on a victim's
allies, due to the complicated use of recursion, I let it stand as it is
in this respect.

The patch is untested, please comment on the policy changes.

  - Per