[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7304) iso-map support for mapgen

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7304) iso-map support for mapgen
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:22:04 -0800

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Jason Short wrote:

> You can test it by changing MAP_MAX_TOPO in map.h to 7.  Then play a
> game with a topology of 5 (or any value in [4,7]).

Well, it sure is nice.  I will read the patch tomorrow (I can either read
a patch or test a patch, not both in the same day ;) and probably commit
it.

Few issues that cought my eye (don't think they belong to this patch):

1. Whales in inland lakes.  Just a bit strange.  Probably we should check
that there are no more than 2 out of 4 coasts around a tile before placing
a whale.

2. ysize in topo > 3 should probably mean the native y-size, same about
xsize.  I had 40x30 map but it looks like 60x15.

3. Overview must be iso-ised one day.

4. Scrolling.  Horizontal is fine unless client window is not too tall
(otherwise starts to vibrate).  Vertical is zigzaging.  Just increase the
step by 2 to solve this.

G.