[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7279) Macro optimizations

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7279) Macro optimizations
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:53:32 -0800

The below questions are asked in the "naive curiosity" tone as opposed to
the "sarcastic animosity" tone used previously (I feel) in this thread.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Clearly Jason stated he tried adding local variable caching to the
> macro and found a problem.

So is there a macro solution to this problem?

> Fact: there is there is a poor coding practice in the hmap() usage that
> is being hidden again by use of the inline function. There is a new
> patch that is going to propagate this practice as hnat(). It needs to
> be fixed properly and documented to prevent this from continuing.

What is wrong with hmap other than it's a global variable?

Anyway, I see no problem with propagating this into hnat, since whoever
will fix whatever is wrong with hmap can easily extend his fix to hnat.

G.