[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost

To: Brett.Albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sigra@xxxxxxx, stepan@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:45:12 -0800

> [glip - Fri Aug 15 23:01:45 2003]:
>
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Jason Short wrote:
>
> > It would be easy to show the moves remaining at the location.  But
> that
> > would require new graphics (which are desirable anyway, but not
> _required_).
>
> I've got a revolutionary idea: stuff the graphics, they are crap
> anyway,
> getting obscured by city names etc.  Display the turns and MP
> remaining in
> the box on the left, instead of the rather useless message "Select
> destination".

I really want the graphics to be shown on the destination tile.  Whether
they are crap depends on the tileset; eventually someone will make
better ones.

I have no problem with showing them on the left as well.  While we're at
it we should change the text to something like

  Select [goto|patrol|connect] destination:
  Source: grassland
  Destination: mountains
  Turns: 5
  Moves remaining: 1

This can easily be added after the initial patch is in.

jason