[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7287) Extended Topologies

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7287) Extended Topologies
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:27:43 -0800

Hi,
LAST CHANGE micro update
> [jdorje - Mer. Jan. 21 09:41:54 2004]:
>
> Marcelo Burda wrote:
>
> > Move some normalize_map_pos to preserve informations, this is not
needed
> > for the simplest topologies but important for more complex ones (not
> > included, Quincuncial #6721)
>
> Can you explain that a bit more?

In the complex quincuncial topology we use the reversed wraping.
if a tile is out of the real map it can are reversed or not.
if we make normalize to fast we lost this information. (reversed or not)
in other topologies we need flip/rotated/reversed, information to be
preserved for tiles out of the real map. this is easy without new vars
if i use normalize as late as nesesary

this patch make some change to make easy more complex topologies but
Mobius and Torus not need some of its ( Mobius and torus are realy
simples)

in one or 2 hs i go add other changes related to it in some city related
code.(i need move it from the code of quincuncial)

> jason

Marcelo