[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7239) buildbox server variable, for accelerated pr

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7239) buildbox server variable, for accelerated production
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:19:43 -0800

> Assuming I read the patch correctly: shieldcost, shieldfactor.

I like shieldfactor, I think I'll swap over to that name.

> It is a factor for all shield costs?!

Well, not ALL shield costs.  The upkeep shields should be untouched. :)

This accelerated production patch doesn't change build speed by
increasing shield production, but by decreasing build_costs across the
board.  I basically touched every reference to build_cost.

In retrospect, I suppose this was overkill.  There were places in
common/combat.c and ai/advmilitary.c where the build_cost was used
solely as a means to compare different military units, but I let my
search and replace merrily replace those references with no regard to
optimization or good sense. :)

Any suggestions?
-James Canete
http://www.ign.com