[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6944) repodlg.c: showing only 11-step-reachable t

To: az@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6944) repodlg.c: showing only 11-step-reachable techs
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:21:40 -0800

Eugeny Korekin wrote:

> I think, goals defined in nations' tech_goals options should
> be visible always, no matter how many steps it takes to achieve
> these techs. For example, there is ancients modpack, in which
> romans has tech_goal Republic, but it cannot be seen in science
> dialog, and player wrongly thought, that current goal is Academy
> (first tech in alphabetically sorted list),

So the bug is that the player's goal is republic, but he isn't able to
see that since it's too far down the tree.  Instead he thinks some other
tech is his goal.  That is a bug, and should be fixed.

Don't look at the nations' tech_goals values, though - look at the
current tech goal.  This goal should be included in the list even if
it's beyond the limit of 11.

jason