[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artistic polish

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artistic polish
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 05:15:40 -0800

From: Raimar Falke [mailto:i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> Freeciv can be changed so that it can read the civ3 graphics format
> (the original one and the graphics made by 3rd parties).

And it hasn't happened because... people aren't paid to do it, so it
happens slooooooowly if at all?

> http://www.wesnoth.org/ is an open source game and has the eye candy.

To be honest, the first one in the TBS genre I've seen.  I've done a
*lot* of looking... Sourceforge is certainly no hot pot of commercial
quality products!  Ok, now I realize there's Savannah, that's another
port of call.  Can you name any other sites where one should look?
Gotdotnet has Notgotit.  Ok, I'm trying Google on "hex game open
source."  I've found the Linux Game Development Center, although as a
Windows guy that's a hit or miss proposition for me.  I think the best
projects tend to have their own websites, which ironically makes them
harder to find.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

"Desperation is the motherfucker of Invention." - Robert Prestridge