[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6918) GUI for CMA should allow zero weights

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6918) GUI for CMA should allow zero weights
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:13:02 -0800

> I'm thinking in particular of luxuries.  Luxuries are completely
> worthless except at the discrete jumps between riot/content and
> content/happy.  If I create 2 more luxuries, but it doesn't change my
> city's happiness, I'm wasting possible other things I could make.  The
> CM code (in theory, though it doesn't right now) could use a zero weight
> to mean it can avoid optimizing along that axis, which can speed things
> up.

I'd also like to set the trade weight to zero.  With a minimum of 1, you
have to give, trade, gold, luxury, science all at least one weight meaning
overall trade must be at least double-counted.  Very inelegant.  It would
be better to weight science and tax as 1 (or more) with luxury and trade
as 0.

jason