[Freeciv-Dev] Python?

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Python?
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:30:03 -0800

Hi!

Has anyone ever been interested in making the Freeciv code OO, i.e.
migrating away from C by gradual, hodgepodge methods?  Has anyone
proposed using Python for that task?  Has anyone done any work on it?

Slightly different question: has anyone suggested embedding Python
support in Freeciv?  Has anyone actually done work on it?

I am curious how you feel about these propositions as a developer
community.  It's a proposal I've been making to the Xconq guys... like
you, they have a C codebase.  Remains to be seen whether they will bite
on it.

Please note that I cannot search the freeciv-dev archives except by
manually reading posts.  The search engine is currently broken, I've
mailed the complete.org web admin about it.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.