[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6906) Windows Nov 17 last remaining enemy unit

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6906) Windows Nov 17 last remaining enemy unit
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:07:49 -0800

Ok... then perhaps the alliance system is "bugged," or misfeatured.  Here's the
sequence of events:

1) I whack the Irish cities.  His 1 Explorer escapes, as Explorers will easily
do.  So I'm at War with the Irish.

2) I meet 8 other civilizations, none of whom choose war with me.

3) Time passes, several of them ask me if I want to ally against so-and-so, but
I decline.

4) Someone allies with the bloody Irish!  WHY??  They're pathetic!  And this
ally chooses to go to war with me.

5) There musta been a lot of alliances-meshed-with-alliances, because pretty
soon 7 countries are at war with me.

I'd call this a bug.  It's not a reasonable game mechanic for everyone to be
trying to "avenge the Irish."  Nobody was on the side of the Irish at the time
I whacked 'em.

Cheers,
Brandon