[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6721) A Quincuncial topology

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6721) A Quincuncial topology
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:18:28 -0800

> The formulas represent the simplest form of wrapping.  So with
>
>    Y = -Y - 1
>    X = map.xsize - 1 - x
 yes

> we are mirroring Y around the origin and mirroring X around the
> map.xsize/2 axis.

We can make this in 2  mirroring but the end result is
 a rotation of 180°. the cenetral point of ratation is in this example
at point { X_C=map.xsize/2 - 0.5, Y_C= -0.5 } for a even xsize .This code
 assume the sides size are even numbers (TODO not alow odd ones!) it is
 a Central Symetrie.

more exact if we call it a central symetrie wraping (but it can afraids some
ones)

then   Y = -Y - 1 is a mirroring around the axes definde by Y=Y_C and
 X = map.xsize - 1 - X is a mirroring around the axes defined by X=X_C;