Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6490) Do not lose gameloss units in huts

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6490) Do not lose gameloss units in huts
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:02:47 -0700

[per - Wed Oct 22 15:54:30 2003]:

> The point of the game is to have *fun*, is it not? It is definitely
> not
> fun to lose the entire *game* just because you stumbled your gameloss
> unit
> into a hut.
>
> But then, I always try to remember to turn off huts anyway, so I am
> not
> going to cry rivers if you revert the patch ;)
>
>   - Per

I remember when gameloss units were first talked about,
there was an idea to teleport gameloss units out of extreme
death situations. Perhaps this is one of them. I'll bet
this patch has a bug where the gameloss unit can appear
on the same square as the barbarians in extreme cases
(hut surrounded by friendly units or some such).