Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6578) Stealing Technology

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6578) Stealing Technology
From: "Mark Metson" <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:53:10 -0700

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> Would help with modpacks too, so that elves cannot steal mordor techs and
> such (or is it implemented already?)

I do not understand how such theft is prevented assuming both trees do
start somewhere, because AFAIK there is no mechanism whereby one tech can
preclude/prevent another. I always figured what you probably would want
would be some kind of preclusion ability. I have wanted it not only for
lightside versus darkside stuff in magick/TheForce type of things, but
also for ecotech versus polluting tech. I guess both cases might apply in
Mordor versus Elves.

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/