Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6339) gtk2.0 client / 1.14.1beta: please re-add th

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6339) gtk2.0 client / 1.14.1beta: please re-add the 'buy' button on the overview screen
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 06:03:20 -0700

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Guest wrote:

> On the overview page, I can't 'buy' the thing being produced anymore.
> My path is now click on city, decide to buy, and either switch to
> worklist or hit F1 before I can buy.  Please put a buy button back in (&
> maybe a change button, but I never used it before).

Yes it is different. Yes buying is slower like it is now (three mouse
clicks instead of two if you use the city dialog).
Change takes the same amount of mouse clicks now as it used to: three.

Hence I may put the buy button back, despite it being against the
GNOME HIG, but I will not put the change button back. No way. Get used
to it.

---