[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6009) Civ3: Movement bonus at enemy territory

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6009) Civ3: Movement bonus at enemy territory
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:26:02 -0700

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:

> [Mmh, 1.8 megs in the mbox..]
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 10:49:12AM -0700, Thomas Strub wrote:

> > > That would help for empire strategies. Anti ICS. Maybe a borders effect?
> >
> > When a road is there you can use it, everyone can use it. Why shouldn't
> > it be possible to use the road/railroad?
>
> Want some realism? Roads can be controlled / blocked / explosives-trapped /
> attacked easily (when they're on your territory) so the enemy is in need to
> avoid roads

I agree with Thomas here.  Roads can be controlled / blocked by a unit
alright.  And then an attack along the road doesn't cost you 1/3, but a
full move, so road is ignored.  Roads can be attacked?  Well,
counterattack if you want.  Roads can be explosives-trapped?  I think it
is adequately emulated by the pillage.

G.