[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6009) Civ3: Movement bonus at enemy territory

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6009) Civ3: Movement bonus at enemy territory
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:51:50 -0700

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 11:26:02AM -0700, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:

> > > When a road is there you can use it, everyone can use it. Why shouldn't
> > > it be possible to use the road/railroad?
> >
> > Want some realism? Roads can be controlled / blocked / explosives-trapped /
> > attacked easily (when they're on your territory) so the enemy is in need to
> > avoid roads
>
> I agree with Thomas here.  Roads can be controlled / blocked by a unit
> alright.  And then an attack along the road doesn't cost you 1/3, but a
> full move, so road is ignored.  Roads can be attacked?  Well,
> counterattack if you want.  Roads can be explosives-trapped?  I think it
> is adequately emulated by the pillage.

You are right. Of course. I like the game as it is now.

But then, now that we've reached civ2, nearly, we can invent new rules,
can't we? Maybe Freeciv can grow to 10 games!? We just have to care that the
new games have a clear personality, characteristics. The rule diversication
in the current rulesets is rather small, and unmotivated (except civ1/2).

Christian

--
Christian Knoke          * * *          http://www.cknoke.de