[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5777) Stuck building coinage in worklist

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5777) Stuck building coinage in worklist
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 06:14:54 -0700

[vasc - Thu Sep  4 19:54:00 2003]:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Please refrain from automating things too much people. We want
> an interface which does not bother a user with micromanagement,
> but we also do not want to make something like Master of Orion 3,
> where the only thing you do is click turn done.

Um, who is "we"?  I'll agree that I definitely wouldn't want to play a
game where I can't override the defaults, but it's tedious when
decisions start being mechanical (e.g., switching CMAs from maximizing
food to maximizing production when size becomes 3).  I mean does anyone
enjoy clicking on city squares to maximize production?  I think we
started down this path when worklists and CMAs were introduced, and I'm
all for it.  After all, if you really want to do everything yourself,
you're free to ignore worklists and CMAs.

If most other freeciv players are opposed to (customizable and
overridable) automation, then maybe I'm playing the wrong game.  (Is
Master of Orion 3 available for Linux? ;-)

--

++JohnWheeler