[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5777) Stuck building coinage in worklist

To: jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5777) Stuck building coinage in worklist
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:56:04 -0700

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:56:12PM -0700, John Wheeler wrote:

> Since I use global worklist, frequently I'll have things on my worklist
> that can't be built (yet) and end up building Coinage.  This is fine,
> but when the new unit/improvement can be built, it keeps building
> Coinage.  I'd prefer if at least every 5 to 10 turns it checked, if it's
> building Coinage, whether anything else on the worklist is available and
> if so switch to that.

Think we don't need to check every 5-10 turns, check every time we have
finished something is possible too.

A proper solution should at least change back to improvement when
possible. The IMA (improvement managing agent) has to look which
building has to build next, and which not.

Should build settlers when the cityowner wants to have 1.

Think the interface could be like the current worklists, only that you
can add priorities to the subjects. And a size above which you want to
have it.

Settler 1 priority 60 size 1
Temple 1 priority 10 size 9
Caravan 1 priority 40 size 1
Settler 2 priority 45 size 2
Musketeer 1 priority 60 size 4
Aqueduct 1 priority 300 size 8
Ironclad n priority 20 size 1

This would remove much from the micromanagement.

For military units or settlers it should be possible to add a "stop
building unit x" to a city with an easy way. (F1 -> ... -> stop
settlerproduction) And after that an additional flag should be added to
the items of the worklist II.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.