[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5437) wishlist: new unit, the worker

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5437) wishlist: new unit, the worker
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:22:17 -0700

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 03:00:03PM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> This has been debated before, so this is mostly to get the question up for
> new debate and hopefully eventually a decision:
>
> We should add a worker unit to the default ruleset. This unit has less
> build cost, no population cost and no food upkeep, but can improve
> terrain. The engineer is changed likewise, and obsoletes the worker
> instead of the Settler.

I think the only debate could be over the cost (in shields), and upkeep
in shields.
Think 30 shields isn't to expensive, especially because its possible to
make an explorer to 15 shields ...

Perhaps we should think about a future change of the worker that the
unit needs a shield even in despotism/monarchy ...

If the unit is to powerful we can increase the cost later. But i think
the sooner we have a worker the sooner we can do something against ICS.

> When Automobile is researched, Settler movement is
> increased to 2.

Nice, can't remember that you had that in it last time.
And you didn't remove most of the worker attributes like last time.

> The AI already supports this feature.

Fine.

I like this version of this rulechange. Hope its going in soon.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.