[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5107) tile marked as unavailable but seems to be a

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5107) tile marked as unavailable but seems to be available
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:21:16 -0700

Jason Short wrote:
> Per I. Mathisen wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Jason Short wrote:
>>

>>>There are lots and lots of messages like this:
>>>
>>>1: Tile at Jerusalem->1,2 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
>>>
>>>Which seems to be a significant bug. I thought it was caused by a
>>>recent change of mine, but I don't think so anymore. I don't know why
>>>it happens.
>>
>>I think it is because the AI is omniscient but has some of its city tiles
>>unrevealed and therefore unable to use them. This is something the AI/the
>>server is unable to properly reconcile.
>

> The tile is marked unavailable because a DS_NO_CONTACT unit is on it.
> Then when contact is made this unit becomes DS_NEUTRAL so the tile is
> now available to be worked.
>
> The easy fix is that city maps should be updated when contact is made.

It appears this has nothing to do with AI.

Load the attached savegame; connect as jshort and jshort2.  Then move
the Irish horsemen northeast.  Now in the Vietnamese city the tiles with
Irish units will still be marked as unavailable.  If you move the Irish
units the citymap will be updated properly.  But if you go straight to
the next turn the sanity check warning will be triggered.

jason