[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5071) Phantom unit in city

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5071) Phantom unit in city
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:34:43 -0700

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:

> CVS 13 AUG 2003 GTK 1
>
> Here is another occurence of the resolved(?) PR#4781 phantom units bug.

I get a nasty feeling that we are going in a vicious circle, round and
round.  Anyway, attached is a more distilled savegame with the bug.
Connect 2 clients as "a" and "b".  Move Arab diplomat south into the city,
then north-east and north-east again.  Note that you do not see the move
out of the city on the american client -- not a bug -- it's done under the
cover of fog.

Now move american into the city.  You get a phantom unit!  If you now move
the tank north-east after the _real_ diplomat, both real and phantom
diplomat disappear :)

Have fun...

I traced this bug to handle_unit_info code.  A patch will follow soon.

G.