Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4607) Paratrooper move rate magic numbers

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4607) Paratrooper move rate magic numbers
From: "Ben Webb" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:05:44 -0700

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 05:24:58AM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Ben, I adore you ; ).

Er, OK. ;)

> Any chance I could sign you on the crusade to get rid of
> all magic movement numbers?

Well, I fix them when I see them. ;) But there are lots of other
hard-coded things in Freeciv that I'm trying to kill off as part of the
FreecivAC stuff (e.g. calendars, building effects, etc...) I just
happened to notice these particular magic numbers while adding scripting
support for unit move rate to FreecivAC.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions