Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Some bugs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Some bugs
From: Marko Lindqvist <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:39:22 +0300

First of all: hello to all freecivers old enough to remember me. I'm going to get back to freeciv development later this year (after vacation) if I manage to build some sensible development environment for myself.

I have been playing against several AI opponents with freeciv cvs snapshot from 10-Jul and found several bugs. I have been using gtk2 client and my own rulesets (two and a half year old ones with minimal corrections to make them work with current freeciv). Easy AI almost beat me since I remembered so many rules wrong (too much civ3 and ctp2 lately). I'll later put these to bug tracking if they are not simply my mistakes.

- Sorting by city size does not work at city report. Seems like it actually sorts by build target. Sorting by most other columns does nothing (intentionally? for some columns sorting does not make sense) - At least client showed lighthouse as buildable item at inland city, never tried what server would say if I actually try to build it. I don't yet have technologies required for other wonders that can be built only at certain places (Colossus was also available everywhere, but there rules differ from civ3?) - Settler can build roads over river before bridge building researched when ordered to 'connect'. (No savegame available, sorry) - I managed to move alpine troops to same tile with enemy unit (instead of attacking). I'll see if I can reproduce this from savegame. - Already open science dialog is not refreshed, when new traderoute is established bringing some research. Exception is situations where new advance is gained. - Tech tree shows technology name only for selected tech. Maybe red text on red background problem. This is probably GTK issue, but since I use default GTK installation for Redhat 7.3, I decided to mention this.

- Caz