Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Client goto information

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Client goto information
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:36:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> 2) Send the information to the server and include it in the
> savegame. Disadvantages here are: more traffic, this is really data
> which isn't processed by the server.

What extra information do you need?

You can send the barebones path to the server (as in #4242), let it save
it, and let it send the remainder of the path back to the client. Then the
client can recreate the path, with all the extra pf info, from the
barebones path we get from the server. That shouldn't be too hard.

  - Per