Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 00:15:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Ross Wetmore wrote:
> > Cheapest treaty you can make is cease fire.
>
> Can only make when when at WAR.

There is no such restriction, IIRC.

> > If you cancel cease fire treaty, you are neutral
>
> Cancelling a ceasefire returns you to open WAR status (I hope).

Nope. It returns you to Neutral.

> > If you cancel peace, you get "neutral" (not cease fire, ok this has some
> > logic in it).
>
> Cancelling a peace treaty should be an act of war.

Well, wouldn't it be more like cutting of diplomatic relations? Like Cuba
and the US?

The stupid thing about it is, there really isn't any point to a peace
treaty. It gives you nothing - no protection, no advantages. So it is more
like a symbolic thing.

> Timing out a peace treaty returns you to neutral (no treaty).

Peace treaties do not time out.

  - Per