Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states
From: Ross Wetmore <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 19:44:34 -0400

Christian Knoke wrote:
Now AI diplomacy is coming and diplomatic states get more important.

First state ever is "never met"
After contact, you have war (this is going to change).

Good

Cheapest treaty you can make is cease fire.

Can only make when when at WAR.

If you cancel cease fire treaty, you are neutral

Cancelling a ceasefire returns you to open WAR status (I hope).

Timing out a Ceasefire should return everyone to neutral.

if you cancel "neutral" treaty, you get war.

I don't think there is a "Neutral" treaty, i.e. an agreement that can
be cancelled. This is the "non-treaty" state.

You can never get neutral, except you cancel a treaty.

Treaties that timeout should leave you in a Neutral state unless they
trigger some special condition like open WAR.

If you cancel peace, you get "neutral" (not cease fire, ok this has some
logic in it).

Cancelling a peace treaty should be an act of war.

Timing out a peace treaty returns you to neutral (no treaty).

Looks not very consistent. Is this intended?

Christian

Cheers,
RossW
=====