Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4020) Change button in City Production doesn't work

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4020) Change button in City Production doesn't work
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:39:03 -0700

[kauf - Fri Apr 18 03:16:24 2003]:

> the change button was removed today. Drag a source to the progress bar to
> change it. Vasc seems to have changed the worklist targets such that the
> first slot no longer is the target currently being built. This needs to be
> changed back for various reasons, but mainly because the current situation
> is very non-intuitive.

If the head of the worklist really was the currently producing item to
begin with none of this would happen.
IMHO it is weird that you even need a 'pcity->currently_building' field.
Why? Just use the head of the worklist.
That is the proper fix to this problem.

Since I can see the problems a user can have with drag & drop to a
widget that usually doesn't feature drap & drop facilities (not to
mention that I detest drag & drop for most things) I will add a "Change
Production" button to make the same action.